Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas is Coming!!!

The Christmas tree in our living room last year :)
I know… we haven’t even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, and honestly, it feels nothing like Christmas season when you’re sweating the day away in 90 degree heat.  I haven’t even started listening to my favorite Christmas tunes…  However, Christmas really is approaching.  When I lived upstairs at the mission (my first apartment that you saw photos of), there was a book in the bathroom called “76 Ways to Get Ready For Christmas.”  It was such a hilarious book (Why 76 ways and not 75 or even 100?... Who buys such a book?  Who publishes such a book?  The questions abound...), and I really wanted to take it, but I felt guilty since this is a mission and all… The book was basically about things to do and ways to manage your time to prepare for the greatest of all holidays!  To paraphrase the whole book…. Start early! 

Sweet throw-back photo I found on my
computer.  Christmas circa 1992?
I admit, this is kind of a shameless plug for Christmas packages... but you have to start extra early if you want to mail Christmas gifts across the ocean… (hint hint).  Christmas is such a wonderful holiday, and I still plan to celebrate fully even though I am in Africa.  I love Christmas cards and photos, and you can send those things to my address on the right hand side of the page.... à


If you would like to send something a little extra special to me that won’t fit in an envelope or pass the 2 lb weight limit, you can!  Please send any and all goodies to my parents and they will forward the items on to me here in Mali.  They need everything by around December 1 so that they can get a package ready and mail it out by the end of the first week of the month since it takes some time to get over to Mali (they don’t call it snail mail for nothing… ).  I would love any reminders of you and of home, photos, mix CDs (or cassettes- I have a tape player!!), taco seasoning or other similar packets, oreos, salty snacks, magazines, DVDs, cheese/fake cheese products (extra props if you can figure out how to mail me sharp cheddar… ), Of course, any mail is exciting!

So, to recap:  Send any/all Christmas package items by DECEMBER 1 to:

                        Mike and Becca Moore
                        209 Hillsdale Ave.
                        Greencastle, IN 46135  

Thanks in advance!  Oh, and check out the new Picassa photos!! J

Nom Nom!  Think Christmas cookies are mail-able?  It's worth a shot!  Maybe just frosting would be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment